I'm tired of getting excited about the MMORPG and after playing for a couple hours realizing that this is the same thing as every other free MMORPG out there. It is as if every game goes by the same system, but every game has its own character models, classes and setting. In addition to these three things, almost every game played in the same way. I'd love to see developers try and innovate rather than using the same rehashed themes and systems. Why not try to change the way we used to acquire the skills and the way in which players can gain attributes rather than leveling up?
One of the main complaint I have is that almost every MMORPG has the same slate of character classes. At least developers can do is think of a few classes rather than using the same rehashed variations of Warrior, Mage, Priest, Thief, and Archer. Sorry, we rename the classes do not count as the creation of new classes. You can go ahead and call a warrior a fighter, barbarian, berserker, swordsman, knight, or a mercenary, but it's still a warrior. It can not be that hard to create a different class. Even combining two or more classes to make a hybrid will be unique. Take the "pirate" class for example. They can be a hybrid swordsman and archer with swords / guns. Most MMORPG also never use the Necromancer class or a class that relies on the convening of pets, which would be welcomed addition to the usual slate of classes.
Another feature I've seen overestimated the standard search system. How many times have you been presented with a quest that says "Go outside town and killed 10 scorpions" or a quest that sounds a bit like this, "Take this note and give it to Joe who is standing 15 feet away from me. " I mean come on! I'm not saying that developers should note kill quests, but I'd like to see some variations! MapleStory actually done a remarkable job with its quest system. The game introduces platforming tasks in the MMORPG genre. Players actually handle jumping through the map while avoiding obstacles in their goal by the end of the map. Of course it's not exactly a revolutionary concept, but it is definitely a welcome change from the usual tasks you will perform uu MMORPG, and it's actually fun. No matter how you look at it, killing 10 scorpions for the local butcher shop is not fun.
I'm also tired of seeing a leveling system in 99.9% of MMORPG. Why are developers so afraid of breaking away from the norm? Of course it is easier to use the already established system, but the players definitely want to try new things. I for one will make any game a shot, if it looked unique to me in some way, even if the game is pay to play, but even pay to play games lack of uniqueness. the only game I see the pay to play in the market that looks at all unique EVE Online, and I congratulate the people through the CCP [EVE Online developers] for taking a chance and avoid the whole leveling system and focusing on the skill system. I'm not claiming that al the games with the leveling system as bad as the system is very well polished and balanced it can still be fun, but I'd love to try something new.
Finally, I'm tired of seeing the fantasy genre more widely used. I already wrote about it, so I'll keep this short. I'd love to see developers to try new genres. Sci-fi theme is definitely not in full use yet, because it really is not any free MMORPG with a great community, but that the sci-fi themes. One game Fortunately, there are companies out there who are trying to innovate. Gravity, for example, has published Requiem: Bloodymare that labels such as "horror". Although Requiem feels a bit like a fantasy, I would like to congratulate Gravity at least trying something new, and would like to encourage all game developers to try something new for a change.
0 komentar:
Posting Komentar